Please click here for more information.
IMAP allows you to create folders on the mail server. Spam folders are also kept on the server. If your IMAP folders are not showing up, follow these steps to subscribe to them with your Mozilla Thunderbird mail client:
- Select the mail account from the left column
- Right-click on your mail account name and select Subscribe
- You will see all the available IMAP folders on the server. Select the ones that you want to add to your mail client and click on Subscribe
- Press OK and you will notice that the new folders are now available
Edit the ~/.ssh/config file and include:
Please see this pdf file.
1) Get the Account ID for the copier from office staff.
2) Login the Win10 computer using StatNet credential.
3) Select printer name: "Xerox WorkCentre 7855 PS". Also check the checkbox "Print in grayscale (black and white)" to save the color toner.
4) Click on button "Properties" you will see the form below. Select the stapling option you want, then click button "OK"
5) Enter the Account ID you get from step 1
There are 2 ways:
- Method 1:
Generate your hashed password here and send to help [at] stat.ubc.ca requesting for a password change
- Method 2: from a terminal window:
$ ssh your_account [at] be.stat.ubc.ca (use your account to replace 'your_account')
$ passwd (type in your current password and then type the new password twice)
$ exit (close your terminal session)
The key is to find the accordion-### for the true URL.
1. Find your way to a FAQ page that includes the QA of interest.
Here is an example using Chrome:
I am interested being a Major in Statistics. How can I apply?
2. When on that page, right-clicking over the FAQ item, select "Inspect".
The tool window will highlight the accordion-### line.
(The 'x' on the top right will close this tool window.)
3. The question sits inside a div with an id of the form accordion-###.
Copy or make note of the four digit code (10142 in the example).
4. Form a URL using this code as follows:
https://www.stat.ubc.ca/node/accordion-###. For the example, it's
https://www.stat.ubc.ca/node/10142. This URL can be shared with the student.
You can setup Outlook/Apple/Thunderbird mail reader to read StatNet email. Remember to disable "Automatic manage connections" on the email client.
Here are the parameters you need to know:
Incoming mail server: imaps.stat.ubc.ca
If using STARTTLS: 143
If using SSL: 993
Mail Folder Prefix: (leave empty)
Outgoing mail server: mailhost.stat.ubc.ca
Port: one of either Ports: SMTP/STARTTLS: port 587
SMTP/SSL: port 465
If there is a choice of authentication methods, LOGIN or PLAIN will work.
UBC OneDrive info/howto:
Basically OneDrive is similar to our ownCloud/Nextcloud or Dropbox services.
You will have 2 ways to access it:
a) Cloud access
Faculty and staff who meet the service requirements will be able to access the tools at https://portal.office.com by signing in with their alias.
Login: firstname.lastname [at] ubc.ca
Password: your CWL password
and going through the UBC multi-factor authentication process.
From there, they can use the web-based versions or download the OneDrive software to install it onto your desktop/laptop locally.
b) Direct access as a local drive on your desktop/laptop
You will need to install an OneDrive software, download after you login "Cloud access", onto your device so it can sync data with the OneDrive on the Cloud.