The Society of Actuaries (SOA) and the University of British Columbia (UBC) invite students to a late afternoon and early evening of interaction with a panel of professional actuaries from the Vancouver area community. The event will feature food, fun, and facts about the actuarial profession and the SOA. It will take place from 5:30 to 8:00 PM on Tuesday, November 15.
The agenda includes:
- 5:15 - 5:30pm: Mingling and seating in preparation for the start of the program.
- 5:30 - 6:30pm: Interactive presentations with guest speakers who are actuaries practicing locally across a diverse set of practice areas, along with a brief presentation about the SOA. The presentations will be in a panel format and based on the actuaries’ experiences and insights using prepared questions about working as an actuary.
- 6:30 - 7:00pm: A Q&A session with impromptu questions from the audience of student attendees, directed to the presenters.
- 7:00 - 8:00pm: Food and drink during a networking reception of an hour or so – with an icebreaker game – featuring 1:1 interaction between students and the presenters.
The events will take place at the following venues:
- From 5:30 to 7:00pm (Presentations and Q&A session):Forest Sciences Centre (FSC) Room 1001
- From 7:00 to 8:00pm (Networking reception): Earth Sciences Building (ESB) Atrium
If you’re interested, please register HERE by November 11, 11:59pm.
Please note that this is in-person only event.